June Newsletter – The Heat is On
“I know well
that the June rains
May we all be refreshed, cleansed, cooled and purified by the rains of June. This month as we face the heat that June brings we also have an opportunity to be cleansed and purified by the cooling rain. Practicing purification of our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies allows us to grow, expand and welcome new things into our lives. If you practice Purification on a regular basis you are practicing Yoga.
Saucha means purity and it is the first of the Niyamas. The Niyamas are observances of ourselves, in which Saucha allows us to view how we can cleanse our bodies, our speech and our thoughts. You can purify or cleanse anything, such as a living space, computer files….etc. So purifying can take on many different forms whether you are doing a juice cleanse or increasing an exercise routine. So whatever form purifying takes, it always begins with an intention to lighten the load we are carrying.
The practice of Saucha, or purity, of cleansing ourselves never ends. We are always improving, expanding and moving forward as we begin to lose the heaviness of waste. When we clear the clutter, we begin to feel lighter and more spacious.
Melanie Comegys http://www.melaniecomegys.com
Here is my Profile on Joy Yoga website:
I am now the Basics Class Teacher at Joy Yoga for Saturdays and Sundays:
Joy Yoga Center Saturday 9:00 am Basics
Joy Yoga Center Sunday 9:30 am Basics
Here is my upcoming schedule:
• Joy Yoga Center Sunday June 2nd 9:30 am
• Alvin -ACC Tuesday June 4th 5:15 pm
• Alvin- ACC Thursday June 6th 5:15 pm
• Joy Yoga Center Saturday June 8th 9:00 am
• Joy Yoga Center Sunday June 9th 9:30 am
• Joy Yoga Center Wednesday June 12th 5:30 pm
• Joy Yoga Center Saturday June 15th 9:00 am
• Joy Yoga Center Sunday June 16th 9:30 am
• Joy Yoga Center Saturday June 22nd 9:00 am
• Joy Yoga Center Sunday June 23rd 9:30 am
• Will be off weekend of June 29th/30th